THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 4, 2010

Logbook




"Logbook", pieces of papers used by security guards on duty. "Logbook", used by employers to record their time-in and out. "Logbook", it can be used by an ordinary people like us. But how?

An idea came in to my mind when a special friend of mine asked me to think a good title for a novel that tells a story of her life. There were lots of titles appeared on my thoughts. The first was, "pagninilay-nilay sa ilalim ng bituin" because I asked her what she does when she was thinking of the past. I found it poetic but it sounds awful and awkward to the personality of that person. Its also corny to use such titles like that. Ew!. And maybe she doesn't like it anyway. The second was "Larawan ni I_ _ _ _", larawan stands for a photograph followed by her nickname. I just want to tell that by looking at pictures, we reminisce the past. But like the first one, she did not like it. Until "logbook" struck into my brain. Why not use logbook as a title? That's a good a one, and catchy. I sent it to her immediately. Her first reaction was to ask me why logbook? Then, the idea came up, I explained that a logbook is being used to record all events from time to time. Every time that we need references, we look for the records in a logbook. It is the simplest tool for recording. In real life, most of the time, we usually stare at photographs taken from the past to remember what we have done during those times and what we were before. Some of us use to lay under the night sky and have stargazing all night while thinking of the times gone by. So logbook was a representation of looking to the past up to the recent event in our life, as long as there were pages in a logbook, the record will continue until all the pages ran out.

Logbook, who knew that this thing can be the simplest time machine.

Sam : Time-out : 1:11 am, January 5, 2010.

2 comments:

yonz. said...

Larawan ni Itang?

apple1 said...

aw nag comment ka pala dito...astig hehe ... hmmm secret hehe