THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, December 5, 2008

Sunset


Is it amazing how the sky becomes colorful when the sun sets? Its nice to stare at the sun while it loses its glow. From a very bright star, it transforms into a pale red giant ball which becomes visible to my naked eye. Its nice to stop working for a minute, sit, and watch the scenery. Wow, food for my eyes, food for my spirit, food for my thoughts, food for my soul, and food for my emotions. It enlightens me a lot. I feel that I am free; free like a bird, soaring the wind, flying above the clouds, beating the horizon, and my imaginations tell me that the whole world is mine.

I don't know why I feel like this when I am sitting on rock watching a sunset. For some reasons, I get inspired when watching. New ideas come in to my mind. I feel like I am the wind that breezes the land. The rest, I don't know.

Since I was a kid, I usually walk near the sea shore. Its because my father's working place is near the sea. The whole day, I'm with my Badjao friends. We go fishing every noon. Boating every after lunch. Flying kites in the afternoon. But when the time that the sky starts to change its colors, its time for me to say goodbye to my friends.

Instead of going home, I am climbing a lighthouse and go to the very top of it and sit with my feet hanging in the air. Every minute of the scenery is very precious. Wanna know why? The answer is simple, because what happens at this moment, will never happen again.

I know you'll say to me that the sun sets everyday. Yes its true, but I'll say to you that what happened yesterday will never be the exact happening of today. The colors that painted the sky yesterday is different from the colors of today. Yesterday, its red with yellow, orange and a line of pink. Now, its purple, red orange, and magenta. See what the difference is.

Sometimes I feel that I am not complete if I haven't watch a sunset. That is why every weekends I see to it that I'll watch a sunset. Its like a drug to me. I get in touched with it, and now I cannot live without it. It became a part of my life.

The most memorable sunset that I had watched was when I traveled from Puerto Princesa to Iloilo. While at the ship, I went to the roof top and watch. I was amazed because I only saw the sun sinking in the sea with no mountains or any form of land in my sight. Its just the sun, the horizon, and the sea. Its the first time that I saw the sky painted with red, orange, purple, yellow, and green. I never thought before that color green would be present during a sunset. And its the first and the last time a saw such. Next is when I was going home from a competition from San Jose, Occidental Mindoro. When I was sitting beside the windshield of the plane, a saw glint from a far distance. This time, I saw the sun sinking in the clouds. I looks like a bulb covered with cotton. There were no colors present. Only the light from the sun. Maybe because it is above the clouds. The whole scenery turned into a dark purple with some orange cotton balls from dirty white and gray. Cute isn't it? Its the first time that I have watched a sunset from above the clouds.

How nice to know that God made a beautiful refuge for the mind, and emotions. Thanks to sunset, I found my home away from home.

0 comments: