THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 19, 2009

"The Last Leaf"


The Last Leaf by O. Henry (Story)
http://www.online-literature.com/o_henry/1303

The Last Leaf by Oliver Wendell Holmes (Poem)
http://www.ibiblio.org/eldritch/owh/ll.html


Based on my personal understanding, "The Last Leaf" of Oliver Wendell Holmes tells about the process of life.

It tells experiences in life of a human that happened in the past, whether it is successful or not. It also gives the idea of being strong, having faith, and courage to face obstacles in life no matter how hard it could be.

If my understanding is incorrect, well, you better read the poem to understand it with your self. I admit, I am not good in getting the idea of literature written figuratively.

"The Last Leaf" of O. Henry. This story is really nice. Though it makes me feel bored at first. But as I continue reading, I feel the essence of the story. It shows about the sacrifice of an old man just to give hope to a lady to pursue her life.

I love the last part of the story. It tells about how the old man do his sacrifice for the lady. He did a wonderful act by painting an ivy leaf clinging on its branch during a very cold night. But the sad part is, the old man died after doing it.

I like how the story flows. And I love paintings. Maybe its one of the reasons why I like this story.

I advice you to read the story. It is really a good one.

0 comments: